The American Brabant Association

Forums

Forum Home > Importing Brabants > How Do You?

Susan

I am interested to know what it takes to import a Brabant.  Where do you start?  What can you expect to pay?  How long does it take?  Do you need special liscensing?  

February 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sean Mallinson

It's an involved, expensive process.  The last person that I know of that successfully imported Brabants was Kelli Miller.  She brought over two blue roan fillies last year and was looking to sell them for 12k each, which I'm guessing is actually close to what she paid to get them over here.  Feel free to give her an email if you like, I think she'd be happy to inform you how the process worked for her.  Her email is [email protected]

- Sean Mallinson

February 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Susan

Sean Mallinson at February 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM

It's an involved, expensive process.  The last person that I know of that successfully imported Brabants was Kelli Miller.  She brought over two blue roan fillies last year and was looking to sell them for 12k each, which I'm guessing is actually close to what she paid to get them over here.  Feel free to give her an email if you like, I think she'd be happy to inform you how the process worked for her.  Her email is [email protected]

- Sean Mallinson

Thank you for the information.  It's a place to start!  

March 15, 2014 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue Jorgensen
Administrator

Susan,

I think I saw a link on this quite a while ago in Draft Horse Village or Green Mountain, renewing my password with DHV so I can check in on that it as I recall had a link of the importer

June 11, 2014 at 2:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lynda Erwin
Limited Member

Hi Susan,

How did you search go?  I'd be keen to know.

May 9, 2016 at 7:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue Jorgensen
Administrator

The Association has two members that imported three horses this spring They got older horses 2 year old as opposed to weanlings but felt it was worth while because you can see what they look like.  It is 10,000 or so a piece but they are nice looking horses with great pedigrees.  They used  Kelli Miller's importer and were very pleased.

May 26, 2016 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.